A family business
Founded in 1947 by the original four Gaiger Brothers, our company now includes managers from the third generation of Gaiger’s. As a family company steeped in tradition, we provide a very personal customer service which often hides our size. Our considerable experience of working in the Wiltshire and East Somerset regions enables us to retain our competitive edge whilst exceeding our clients expectations.
Graham M Gaiger BSc MCIOB
James Gaiger BSc
Sam Gaiger BSc A.C.M.A
1947 | Company launch
Gaiger Brothers was founded by John, Joe and Dan Gaiger with brother Jim joining the company shortly afterwards.
1947 | First major project
Designing and building a bungalow in Bromham, Wiltshire for a cost of £700.
1948 | Purchased our first lorry
Joe’s wife, Nellie, gave us a boost by parting with the savings she had originally intended for a house deposit. The purchase set us apart from many other companies in the area at the time.
1951 | Residential contract
In post war Britain there was a shortage of housing. We were contracted by Devizes Town Council to build residential properties on Queens Road as part of the Councils private housing scheme.
1954 | Incorporated
Gaiger Brothers become a Limited Company.
1954 | Military contract awarded
Gaiger Brothers worked under a ‘term contract’ on Salisbury plain.
1956 | Securing larger office space
We purchased the corner property on Northgate Street, Devizes to use as our new base.
1972 | New Directors
Dan, Vince & Michael Gaiger, sons of the original Directors, became Directors.
1984 | Porte Marsh project
The company began to expand into commercial property development. Our first project was on the Porte Marsh Industrial Estate in Calne, Wiltshire.
1988 | Le Marchant Barracks
We took a major leap, developing 50 acres of land at Le Marchant barracks with Hannick Homes.
1992 | Hopton Industrial Estate
Still working alongside Hannick Homes, we developed a further 50 acres of land in Hopton, Devizes.
1999 | New Director
Graham Gaiger became Director
2003 | New Director
James Gaiger became Director
2004 | New Director
Sam Gaiger became Director
2017 | New base
We are consolidating our current 3 locations into the old Wadworth warehouse site on Northgate Street, Devizes. The new site will contain a joinery shop, store, plant workshop and offices.
Please get in touchContact us